By: CLIVE BARKER
New, In publishers shrinkwrap!
The Scarlet Gospels takes readers back many years to the early days of two of Barker’s most iconic characters in a battle of good and evil as old as time: The long-beleaguered detective Harry D’Amour, investigator of all supernatural, magical, and malevolent crimes faces off against his formidable, and intensely evil rival, Pinhead, the priest of hell. Barker devotees have been waiting for The Scarlet Gospels with bated breath for years, and it’s everything they’ve begged for and more. Bloody, terrifying, and brilliantly complex, fans and newcomers alike will not be disappointed by the epic, visionary tale that is The Scarlet Gospels. Barker’s horror will make your worst nightmares seem like bedtime stories. The Gospels are coming. Are you ready?
* SIGNED BY CLIVE BARKER
* LIMITED TO 500 SIGNED AND NUMBERED COPIES WORLDWIDE
* HOUSED IN AN EMBOSSED BLACK SLIPCASE
* COLOR DUSTJACKET ART BY MALLEUS ROCK ART LAB (WHO DID THE NIGHTBREED: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT AND JACQUELINE ESS POSTERS)
* FULL COLOR INTERIOR ILLUSTRATIONS BY EDWARD MILLER (A PSEUDONYM FOR LES EDWARDS, WHO PAINTED THE ORIGINAL MOVIE POSTER FOR NIGHTBREED AND ILLUSTRATED THE GRAPHIC NOVELS "SON OF CELLULOID" AND "RAWHEAD REX" BY BARKER)
* A LENGTHY FOREWORD BY DOUG BRADLEY
* AN AFTERWORD BY MARK MILLER, WHICH DISCUSSES THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NOVEL
* SCANNED ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT PAGES, WITH HAND EDITS (IN APPENDIX)
* AN “OUTTAKES” SECTION CONTAINING SEVERAL SCENES DELETED FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT THAT NEVER MADE IT INTO THE FINAL TEXT, ALONG WITH NOTES ABOUT EACH SCENE **(IN APPENDIX)
* ALL COPIES SIGNED BY CLIVE BARKER, OFFSET PRINTED IN TWO COLORS, AND CREATED USING FINE MATERIALS